

Meet Walter. The newest addition to our home. It's not that we were already getting bored with each other's company or anything, let me explain. As you can see in the pictures below. I have a pink couch. I fell in love with this couch about a week before I left for Peace Corps. It sat in my parent's basement for 2.5 years and I vowed to use it in my next place. Thank goodness the boy was game, too. It actually looks really great as the biggest piece of furniture in the living room. I threw on a couple of decorative pillows that I already had, but I will probably be rotating them as the seasons, and my moods change. I am in love with
these pillows. But, I'm wondering if I can't just make some once I get my sewing machine. Pillows are pretty easy to sew up, I think. Anyway, we were looking for a coffee table. Most all of our furniture has antique wooden legs, so, naturally we were looking for a dark, wooden coffee table. While we were in
The Second Mile thrift store looking around, the boy found this beauty. It's a vintage ironing board made of what looks/feels to be tin. The color is magnificent. The next day, while I was shopping there alone, I found Walter. I think I heard him tell me to take him home, and it turns out, he really ties the room together. So, here is my price list for this side of the living room!
Couch-$40 Episcopal yard sale @ the Depot
Ironing Board/coffee table- $4.94 Second Mile
Decorative Pillows- TJ Maxx set for $12, 4 years ago.
Trophy Man- $0.90 Second Mile
No comments:
Post a Comment