Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Dishes

As you already know, we originally bought a set of dishes from Macy's. While they were nice, once we finally got a set home in one piece, they just weren't us. We did find a set, however, that we felt really good about! I decided, instead of getting perfectly matching dishes, I would make a sort of "fiesta" as the boy's mom calls it. I got all of the dishes at thrift stores in the area, except for the strainer, which came from a sort of dollar store on Market St.

Stack of dinner plates-$8.08 Second mile
Playing card salad plates- 3 for $1.21 second mile
Saucers-Asian design 2 for $1.21 second mile, Other two- free with purchase from Toviah Thrift
Strainer-Discount Dollar $1
Bowls-3 for $.90 AIDS thrift store, south street (link)
Glasses-4 at $0.50 Second Mile
Mugs-$0.50 at Toviah Thrift

On a completely random note: If you are ever in Macy's and know of a couple who have registered there in the past 2 years, you can get a 25% discount if you mention thier names!!! THANKS COLLEEN :)























































No comments:

Post a Comment